Sunday, March 22, 2009

2009 Building Insurance

The Board of Directors approved a change in insurance carriers at its March meeting. Philadelphia Insurance now carries the master policy for all buildings and common areas. You still need to carry coverage for your personal belongings, any interior improvements you make to your property, and for liability coverage for you and guests on your property.

The new policy has some improved coverages at a slightly reduced cost.

You may be getting a notice from your mortgage company regarding the cancellation of the old policy. They can receive a new insurance certificate by faxing a request to Wells Fargo Insurance, the Association's agent, at (303) 721-6728 Attn: Debbie Snow.

Since mortgage companies require different language on their certificates, it is important to directly communicate that information to the agent. The management company can't issue certificates, but we can try to help if you run into problems with getting a certificate issued.

The change in insurance policy takes effect on April 1, 2009.